Speed Dating for Books

Oh goodness. It's been 3 weeks since my true love moved here and I haven't really blogged since. And I don't have much time to blog today because I am getting ready to leave town to go to the LDS Booksellers Association Convention. That is where wholesalers and retailers get together and speed pitch and then have a two day convention where they hopefully remember us from the speed-dating event and come to our booth and order 1000s of copies of our book.

In January of this year I set a goal to sell 5000 copies of The Gift of Giving Life by the end of the year. I didn't know if that was an outrageous goal or not. But from what I have learned, most books don't sell more than 5000 copies total. Ever. In their life time. We have already sold about 600 copies since our book came out only 3 months ago. That is just through our website and Amazon. There is one Deseret Book in Idaho that carries a few copies, because several customers requested them, but until now, we haven't made an effort to get them into stores. So I think that we will do well at this event, because it is clear that they sell well and in multiples (everyone buys one for a friend). Hopefully we'll meet that goal by the end of the year. I just want to get the book and the spirit of the book into as many homes as possible.

I will also be selling my Peaceful Parenting Affirmations and Kids Affirmations into LDS retail stores as well. So hopefully they'll pick those up with as much excitement as our book. If you haven't downloaded your copy of the affirmations, you can click the link above or on the right sidebar. My friend Shannon plays the kids affirmations for her son every night. He has them memorized. It's adorable. One of the affirmations says "Even when I'm mad, I'm still a good kid."  And one day last week, Shannon was ranting and raving a bit, and her 2 year old said: "Even when you're mad, you're still a good mommy."

I love it!

If you have a story like this, please share them with me! But you have to download them first. :)


Comments

Popular Posts