You Are God

I am God

For a long time I have been using language like "God told me to xyz." It's true, God and I, we talk. S/He talk and I listen and vice versa. But what I have been really trying to understand lately (not just intellectually) is that God and I are One.  I have been trying to dissolve any difference between God and me.

The resistance to this comes when I realize that if I do this, I must take responsibility, for everything. "God told me to" becomes "I told me to." I can't blame God or begrudge the inspiration, or drag my feet on what God wants because we are ONE. I told myself to come to Utah for the summer and build bridges. I shortened my sleep cycles. I am upgrading my body one organ at a time.

I think a lot of people blame God or Satan (whoever is bigger in their world at the moment) for whatever is going on with them, good or bad. But what we forget is that we are Gods. And the whole Kingdom of God is within us. 

The kicker is that we are Gods even when we are not one with God. Remember what Jesus told the Pharisees when they were wanting to stone him for saying he was the son of God: Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? (John 10:34)  He was talking to to people who weren't getting it--and who eventually planed his murder--but they were still Gods. And so are you. 

The next kicker is that God commanded, "have no other Gods before me." So in order to keep that commandment, we must become One with God. Any time we put our will first, we are putting another God first. And we are creating everything in our lives. We can't blame Satan. We are God. If Satan has power over us, it is because we gave it to him. 

Of course, we have choice in all this and we were given a will to experiment with and learn with. But we were given that will to find God's will. And it's so beautiful when we finally just do (The Luxury Liner). When I am in the flow with this, I AM all the attributes of God. When I am not One, I feel it in my body. It is a tension. Tightness. I am learning to watch for the signs in my body now, beautiful kingdom, which responds so viscerally to being out of alignment to the great I AM. 




Comments

Popular Posts