Building the Boat


When God told me He wanted to take me to the promised land I was really excited--it shouldn't be any surprise that He now wants me to build the boat to get there. Actually, for some time already, He has been showing me how to build that boat.

Okay it's not a literal boat, but I like the metaphor because what I am talking about is the money that will keep the whole scene afloat. Since I am a single mom again and God's inspiration to me about homeschooling Phoebe still feels like it is relevant (at least for one more year) someone has to float the boat, because I can't work as much if I am homeschooling her. And as some of you know I released my self from the bondage that was created by child support from my ex more than a year ago. The blessings of that leap of faith have been total freedom.Now I have full custody of her and I am able to move where I will, or more importantly, where God wills. But even after re-birth, there are still contractions.

Who will provide for me? Is a question I hear a lot of women ask themselves when life changes come. Ideally, God would prefer that every woman had a man to provide for her--if not a husband, then a father. (I'm not making any sort of statement about women working or not. I'm totally a fan of pursuing your destiny/dreams/passions, but I also think that God would prefer that women and especially mothers, didn't have to be responsible for providing. I love my work. But I don't like having to work and having the weight of financially supporting and nurturing on my shoulders.) But that is not the way life is for many women. Sometimes women have to work. Sometimes there is lack. Right? Or is there?

Lately I have been realizing that I do have a rich dad--he owns the whole world. And when your dad is rich, you don't really have to worry. He can support me, but only if I let him. It's when I don't let him, or freak out because letting Him looks different than my ideas of how it should look that I contract (I really wanted that cute house with the gardens and the clawfoot bath tub!) 

Luckily I meditate, and I know how to hypnotize myself so the contractions are more like pressure waves (just a plug for Hypnobabies). It is meditation that has taught me to see what prosperity really means to God. I have been thinking a great deal lately about the many different prosperity meditations that Yogi Bhajan taught. They are some of the favorites of students and teachers. And indeed, sometimes they achieve amazing results very quickly. For example, there are all different kinds of prosperity (resources, helpers, etc), but there is one meditation that is specifically for cash-- and every time I used to do it, I would unexpectedly come home with at least $400 in cash--even on days I wasn't working or planning on going anywhere. Wild huh? Yet, despite these results, I didn't do the meditation regularly. So I started asking myself, why wouldn't I do something regularly that I know worked? I had to heal the source of the fear and feelings of unworthiness first. Since then I have been exploring the deeper meanings of prosperity and asking God to show me what prosperity means to Him. And he's been showing me amazing things! I have learned lots of good stuff and I think that my next class series starting in October is going to be a prosperity theme. (Register link and class description will be coming soon.)


Here is some wisdom from Yogi Bhajan about prosperity:
"Prosperity is all around us and within us. It is the ability to find, organize and use the resources we need to fulfill our highest destiny and identity."
 "A prosperous person has certain characteristics. For that person richness itself is not the basic aim. it happens anyway. A prosperous person does not gather wealth but the wealth of wealths. No matter what the circumstance, a prosperous person creates, delivers and fulfills. They act with a constant equilibrium through all pressures and all shortcomings. That person will not barter the values of their character or identity for any temporary benefit. They always  remember the presence and possibilities of the infinite within each person. To such a person, prosperity is as natural as the breath, as unlimited as the mind and as immediate as this moment."

I love this image of Yogi B. Doesn't the owner of the little eyeball in the background look like my Phoebe?

And here is some wisdom that appears in numerous scriptures about prosperity:
(This one is from Matt 6)

Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.


Just to be clear, the class won't teach you how to get rich. We'll be seeking the Kingdom of God first (which Christ taught is within our own bodies) and through the exercises and meditations you will strengthen your character, your nervous system, and your magnetic field, so that you can hold all that is in your best interest that comes to you.

If you are on my newsletter list you'll get an update when you can register. Many blessings. I welcome comments. 



Comments

  1. Hiya, I know how scary the money side can be. When I split with my 1st husband (in 1997), I had hardly a bean to my name. Despite so thinly spread times, we always managed to get through ok, and I now worry less about money in general, because I think, well, if we made it through that ok, we can make it through anything. Incidentally, my kids tell me (they are 24 and 22 now), that they knew we had little money but they never felt worried about it because I always said it was fine, and it was.
    Good luck with your new path :)
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady. I am actually not worried. That was kind of the point of my post. When you have a rich dad, you don't have to worry!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts