My Dream About Lionel Richie

A few nights ago I had this dream that I was in a piano bar of sorts and there were lots of people and lots of different pianos all over and people were forming groups around different piano players and I noticed that Lionel Richie had walked in. He didn't really look like Lionel, but he had a name tag on that said LIONEL RICHIE and so even though it didn't look like him I knew it was and I was super excited to hear him play, but no one else seemed to notice that it was Lionel Richie, despite his name tag and no one offered him their piano.

I kept saying, "Don't you get it? It's Lionel Richie!" But no one really seemed to care or even to look up.


Then I finally managed to get him a piano and he started to play and because of my excitement, I was able to get a few people to come and join me in listening, but I was surprised that we were really only a very few that were listening and enjoying hearing a master play.



Comments

  1. It makes me think of that video going around, where a virtuoso violinist is playing in a train station and most people walk by and ignore him. Some children get captivated by him, but the parents won't stop to listen.
    Are we all so busy we are immune to beauty and greatness?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, Lionel Richie. I would have been there listening and enjoying.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts