Circle of Ancestors


Circle of Ancestors
Name Withheld


I knew I was supposed to do genealogy work for my family. When I learned about generational healing, I had a strong feeling it was the genealogy work I was to focus on. After praying and getting the answer that this was what I was supposed to do, I went to my family tree. I would look at the names and pray. Then the Spirit would direct me to a name.
I had a very strong feeling that I should do work for my great-grandfather’s mother. This surprised me. I also did not know how to go about doing this because my grandfather broke all ties with his father’s family. He changed his name and got away from anything to do with them. He was upset that not only his father but is grandparents had abandoned his family. I didn't know how to do this work. Even though I didn't have my great-grandmother’s name I felt I was suppose to do work for her.  
Then I had an overwhelming feeling to sit in a circle with my great-grandmother and her ex-mother-in-law. I could tell they had had very negative feelings toward each other in this life and wanted to let them go. I sat down in a circle with the two of them and did the mediation Ra Ma Da Sa. The love and power that was present was incredible, the love and forgiveness overwhelming. Not only was this one of the most spiritual experiences I have had, it was eye-opening.
I realized that we never know what the other person is going through. We never know their story. It helped me understand the scripture where Christ tells us to “Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you. And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other” (Luke 6:27–29). That night during that mediation there was pure love between two women who had every reason to hold a grudge and be offended.

I will forever be grateful for that experience and the lessons I learned while meditating with the spirits of two amazing women. God is love, and if we allow Him, He will change our hearts and open our understanding. With the help of our Savior, we can develop the pure love of Christ. We can let go of pain, anger, hatred, and any feelings or emotions that are not of God. That night I felt the power of God and His healing power through meditation.  

Comments

Popular Posts