I Can Do All Things

Not too long ago I was reading the scriptures hukum style and I opened to Paul's letter to the Phillipians. Chapter 4. Verses 11 and 12. These are the two verses that come right before the sort of well known verse 13: "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

They are super interesting. Here they are:

11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
12 I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 

They are cool scriptures in and of themselves. I interpret them as being about the neutral mind. Paul says he knows how to be hungry and how to be full, how to rough it as well as how to take the luxury liner. And he has learned to be content in whatever circumstance.

What is super interesting to me is that verse 13 follows these: "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Most people think of needing Christ to strengthen them through rough times, the times of want. But I see now that Paul is saying that sometimes we need Christ to give us the strength to be okay on the luxury liner as well.  I have experienced this time and again as I have had to expand--because my soul wanted to and I called it in--but my subconscious mind or body did NOT like the changes. It can be a real shock to the nervous system to suddenly have a million dollars land on you when you are used to struggling for hundreds. I know some of you think--try me, I'll take a million dollars, or a bigger house, etc-- but if you look at lotto winners, the statistics about them shows that they struggle. Most of them end up not happier and broke again within a few years. This is because its not always easy to be content with whatever circumstances, especially if you are programmed (by your family, your culture, etc) for struggle.

So I guess I'm writing this to encourage all of you who would like to receive, or who are resisting a great flow and abundance. It requires strength! But you can do it through Christ.

And Christ is ok with you taking care of yourself. Self-care is different than selfishness and is essential for this age when cold-depression and dis-connection from the Self is the most common problem. It kills people. Who otherwise could have made a huge contribution.

So anyway....

I feel that a great flow is coming to those who want to build Zion. Specifically a flow of money. As of right now, that's the economy we live in. It takes money for proper self-care, and then to build Zion. And it is just as easy for God to deliver $10 as $1000000. It's just a bunch of zeros.


Allow. Be content.

Be grateful and teachable.  Let's do all things through Christ.

Sat Nam.

Comments

  1. Very interesting. I love those scriptures, but I've never thought about them in quite that way. I know I've been passed down struggle from all sides ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy your perspective! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Can you expand on what hukum style is? Google didn't have a good answer. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A hukum is a random opening of the scriptures or any other spiritual literature. Usually one prays first for an answer to a problem or just for what to focus on. The word "hukum" is from the Gurumukhi. It means "command." As in God's command.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts