Love Lessons Part 5 - At-One-Ment, Superconscious Ecstasy

One night, a few months before my love lessons began, my daughter Amarjot Kaur, guided me on a quick shamanic imagery journey. She's a natural. She took me to my special place and there I was under my big tree. Amarjot asked if there was anyone with me. I realized there was a woman. It was Heavenly Mother. 


 Amarjot asked if there was anything I wanted to ask Heavenly Mother. I was so overwhelmed with love/peace/happiness/awe at being with her again that I had forgotten that I could do that. I paused trying to remember any question that still seemed relevant. Finally Heavenly Mother said, "why don't you ask me what question you should ask me?"

So I did. 

She told me to ask her how she became Mother in Heaven. 

So I did. 

Her answer: "I learned how to Love." 

That was the whole extent of the journey, but it left me pondering for a long time after and left Amarjot baffled, because she thought that she knew all about love and therefore why wasn't she Heavenly Mother? This was months before my Love Lessons began and so when they did, Amarjot had a special interest in everything I was learning.

One morning I was revisiting some of the cliff notes of what I have learned so far: 

  • God is Love. And therefore Love is a power. Therefore, the Piscean attempt to convolute and dilute and confuse it. 
  • God=LoveGod=The Word. The Word=Love.
  • The Word= Sound Current. Therefore: Listening is important to Loving.


I asked Amarjot what she thought about all this. 

She said, "If God is Love, then in order to understand love you have to become God."

Of course! This was very deep for an 8-year old but not so deep if you know her. So I began to ponder At-one-ment. Dwell in God=Dwell in love.

How did she get so deep? She came that way. 

Next I realized 

  • Man was made by God=man was made by Love. All the earth was made by Love.
  • The Atonement or At-one-ment was the greatest act of Love ever accomplished.


These scriptures suddenly seem very deep:
And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.  And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

In seemingly simple terms, Jesus outlines the whole science of yoga—the way of divine union through meditation.  Jesus was the ultimate example of this. He loved his father with his whole heart, mind, soul, and strength. 

love Jesus.

Jesus taught people to “pray without ceasing.” Can you imagine? I can now. When you love God so much that you just can't stop praying and praising his name. Yogananda called this a superconscious ecstasy.  It's better than the most satisfying sleep or dreaming. He says “ten million sleeps cannot describe the joy of this ecstasy.” This is how I felt the other night when I woke and the angels were working on me. This is worth anything it takes to experience.

Yoganada says:  “It is through the portal of man’s love for God that God enters into oneness with him, a union that liberates him from the bondage of delusion.”

How true! I feel like I have been liberated from the illusion layers at a time, but this is the ultimate liberation, through Love. 

Amarjot and I at Sat Nam Fest West 2015.


More to come about my fast track education in Love. Till then,  Sat Nam. 


Comments

Popular Posts