Kauai Greetings

Chicken Plus Poetry is the name of my favorite instagram profile. Here is a great example of one.


Wherever I am, I am what is missing.

That's how I feel. If you haven't kept up, I am in Kauai now. Have been here more than a month. Here is a short summary of my days here:

Sleep, meditate, write, read, gasp at beauty, eat mangos, surf, swim, sun, little rain, sun, rinse and repeat.


Maybe I did come here sort of to run away from some things. But running away has it's beauty too.

Sometimes you can't see where you are from where you are standing.


The beauty here is not just in the landscape and the ocean and colors and light, though that is breath robbing. There is much beauty here because there is much beauty everywhere in the world, but there is an energy here of healing and Aloha, and a culture supportive of stopping and gasping. It's similar, in a way, to my hometown of Ojai, only more tropical. In Thailand they have a saying "Same. Same. But Different." That's how it is. Same same but different.



In Kauai I have also have had the space and time to read all kinds of things I've wanted to read just because they are beautiful. I have spent whole days reading and days exploring and I have written lots of haiku in notebooks. One day I swam in an underground lake inside a cave and had to swim through a portal into another cave called the blue room. As I swam through the opening I remembered that I had dreamt about this dozens of times since childhood. In the dream the swim through the tunnel was terrifying. In the real experience, I was somewhere between nervous and mermaid.

Mother Kauai has a way of offering you the healing you seek, even if you didn't know what it was that still needed to heal. Mine has been a creative recovery of my inner artist, which has been blocked for a few years, and with that creativity, I also recovered my magical inner child, my femininity, my grace, and so much more.

I was so blessed to be able to share some of this with all the beautiful women to came to my retreat a week or so ago. They were so amazing. Their progress was amazing in just a few days! But look what changes Alma made in a few days. And Paul. And Jesus. He did something cool in 3 days.










I made a few video interviews of them on the last day. If they look sad it's because they are leaving. They are amazing. You will be blown away if you watch these videos. Julie has lost a 100 lbs since starting her KY journey in May. Jo is doing an amazing job healinng from her huband's suice. Taranjot use to never allow herself to be photographed... Now look at her. She is so beautiful!







The cool thing about doing healing and chanting and prayers in Kauai is that there is nothing to the north except the north pole. Nothing to the south except the south pole. Surrounded by water, which is a superconductor, it can send the prayers out like a ripple around the whole entire world.

I haven't written much on my blog since I have been here, mainly because I got a clear message to take a break from blogging. Just in cast it wasn't clear enough, my computer keyboard stopped typing the N and the O key--as if passive aggressively saying NO.

The only reason I am blogging now (on a friend's computer) is to share how amazing these women are and how amazing Kauai has been and I am pretty sure I will be here again and do more retreats here in the future because there are only a few places one can do such deep healing in so much beauty.

If Hawaii is not in your future any time soon, don't worry, you can still access the benefits from what I have gained here when I bring it back this new year. But before I leave Hawaii, I will be streaming a very cool workshop December 5 wherein we will be utilizing the power of the islands and beaming that to you in your living room to activate your throat chakra and the power of your voice.

Aloha and Mahalo.



Comments

Popular Posts