The Role of Art in Doing Savior Work

Sat Nam,

I had this amazing aha moment a few weeks ago after having a conversation with my friend about her one-woman-show. She expressed that as she played these women throughout history, she was feeling all the pain of women's injustices throughout time. This big aha applies to those of us who transmute global tragedy or shared karma through our bodies. If you carry the weight of a lot of generational healing or chain breaking, I realized that this proxy savior work can be done in a much more friendly way than just feeling yucky and "working out stuff" that we don't totally understand.  

The transmutation can happen also through creative acts (creating and also experiencing art). So whether it is through acting or writing or painting, or making films, or being part of the experience when you go to the theater, art is a more enjoyable and productive way to do proxy work. Art also unseals is magic as if new every time a person experiences it. A long memoried poem can still bring tears to your eyes. A gerat movie you have seen again and again can still move you. So that means art can also help others long in the future. 

I think I have always known this on some level. Art is healing. But if you carry the weight of Savior work, then not making art can be suicidal. Ok maybe that is dramatic. Maybe not literally. But in my experience, not making art can make one unhappy, unstable, and in need of lots of healing. So if you know what I'm talking about, then you've been officially been given the permission or prescription, whatever you prefer to call it.

Go write that one-man show. Audition for that musical. Make those sculptures. Dance. Build that thing....

I haven't been blogging much for a year because I have been doing just that. And I haven't ever felt so alive and happy.
 
I love you.

Sat Nam.

P.S. If you feel like you want to, but you don't know where to start. I highly recommend The Artist's Way +Kundalini Yoga Course.


Comments

  1. I absolutely love this concept of merging art with cutting through generational healing and chain breaking. Creating is divine. I have also had wonderful experiences with using imagery of the Savior to support healing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts