Wednesday, May 3, 2017

The Role of Art in Doing Savior Work

Sat Nam,

I had this amazing aha moment a few weeks ago on Easter Sunday after having a conversation with my friend about her one-woman-show. The big aha was that for those of us who transmute global tragedy through our bodies or who carry the weight of a lot of generational healing or chain breaking--I realized that it can be done in a much more friendly way than just feeling yucky and "working on stuff." It can be transmuted through creative acts. So whether it is through acting or writing or painting, or making films, art is another way to do it!  I think I have always known this on some level. Art is healing. But if you carry the weight of Savior work, then not making art might kill you. Or make you very crazy and in need of lots of healing. So if you know what I'm talking about, then you've been officially been given permission or prescription, whatever you prefer to call it. You go. Write that one-man show. Audition for that musical. Make those sand sculptures on the beach. Build that thing....

I haven't been blogging much for a year because I have been doing just that. And I haven't ever felt so alive and happy.

I love you.

Sat Nam.

P.S. If you feel like you want to, but you don't know where to start. I highly recommend The Artist's Way +Kundalini Yoga Course.


No comments:

Post a Comment