Reflections From Bali

I returned from my trip to the other side of the world a few weeks ago. I spent most of it in Bali, Indonesia -which is the island of 10,000 temples, and then I spent a day in Taiwan, where I visited one of my own beloved LDS temple. There's more to say about my trip than I could possibly hold your attention for, but below are some pictures and some highlights.

Basically, the theme was destiny alignment and Christ consciousness, and I am pretty sure everyone who came had an alignment happen. So I don't know why I'm surprised at how much of an alignment I received as well. I'll talk more about that another time I'm sure.

Meditating by the sea at sunrise. Love. 
Some of my favorite parts were everything that had do with water. I did two different water purification rituals/ceremonies, and I also spent a lot of time snorkeling in the North Bali Sea. I went 11 days early to explore and heal by myself and I experienced a lot of unexpected healing. I am so grateful. It found that it really does take a trip away from your family and your routine and in my case it had to be more than a week and I had to be totally alone-- to remember my true self. 

For the first two weeks I was there, I didn't want to come home and I knew I'd be back again next year and maybe every year. But by the last few days of my trip, after my retreat ended, I was ready to go. In fact, I felt like Bali kicked me out. But this is how these things go and I know this. In places like Bali and also Kauai and Ojai and other spiritual energy vortexes--they kick you out when it's time to go. But always in the right direction. I'm not sure if I'll do another retreat there in the future. I can't even think about that right now. Basically right now, I'm just going to process and enjoy this beautiful healing and alignment.

This is at the water temple. You have to wear or rent a sarong to go in and then you dunk yourself under 21 different fountains that represent different things and cleanse you on different levels. It was super powerful and I felt the purification and was very blissed out by the end. Loved this. 

Master reflexologist that I only know as "papa" who brutalized my feet and laughed at me when I cried, but it was so deeply satisfying and healing. I went back a few times and it didn't hurt by the 3rd time. By the way, feet are all about destiny and your path. 

Monkey jungle was kinda crazy. Especially when the critters jump on you and try to steal your food. Ack. Not as cute as Curious George. Get me out of here. 

Most of my first 10 days were all about food! Jet lag hits you in the stomach. So why no fill it with good food. There was so much to love as a vegetarian in Ubud.

Rented a scooter a couple days and drove the wrong way down one way streets because that's just what you do.... I had a scooter in college for a while so it was good memories. 

When I finally made it up north to the retreat center it was so welcome. I missed the ocean. Ubud is nowhere near the ocean and although it has a lot of yoga, it's kinda crazy there. Like New York City in an India and Hawaii had a baby sort of way. 

Kathryn also rented a scooter. And she had a crash. Ouch. 


Yogi Bhajan was photo bombing some of our retreat pics. This is us out with some local fisherman before the sun rose. Chasing dolphins. 

We found the dolphins.

In front of a temple in the village of Bondalem. Being silly.

The resort built me a gong stand out of bamboo! It was so great! A little big. I told them the dimensions in centimeters but I think they thought I was telling them inches, so they doubled it again. Monumental. 

Just horsemanning around.

We were there for Indonesia National Day. It was their independence day. So we went to a little villiage celebration where there was singing and traditional dances. 

Happy people. 

A mermaid!

Mother and daughter.
It's amazing what the local people do with flowers. They are part of their every day offerings as well as all kind of decorations. 

This is me teaching. The ocean is behind me. Not sure whether they were looking at me or it. 

Local fisherman's boat coming in or going out from fishing. 

We had a talent show. This is Dee pretending to be me. He was the MC.

Jules wrote a song for the talent show called Bali-lujeah. She changed the words to Hallelujeah. It was the most amazing thing I have ever heard. Hillarious too. 

Jenn is sleepy during the talent show.

Jen teaching a class while I just enjoyed. Yay.

Dinner on our final night at the retreat.

Shell. Good bye North Bali Sea.

After the retreat I headed back down sound and past the volcano and the lake in the background.  Very relaxed after a week of almost daily massages. 

The Water Priestess- Ida Resi Alit. A friend told me to visit her and do a ceremony. I am so glad I made it to this remote village to participate in this purification ceremony. It was really an honor. She is so beautiful and serene and truly a holy woman.


                           
After the water priestess. 
Soaked and blissful after our purification ritual in Bangli.


In front of a magnolia field on the drive back down after the retreat. They use these flowers in all their offerings. 


I visited the beach in the south before I left Bali. This part of Bali is over rated after I had been spoiled in the north, but I was happy to touch the ocean one more time. 


This is in Taipei Taiwan at the Chang Kai Shek Memorial. I like arches. 

I almost melted into a puddle walking around Tiapei in the hottest month of the year. But I could still muster a victory pose. 
Also at the CKS memorial. 
I stopped in Taiwan for a long layover and went to the LDS temple. That picture is not worth showing you because by then I had melted.  But if you follow me on instagram you can find more of my journey.  @namjotikaur

Would love to see any of you at my next retreat.

xoxo

Sat Nam. 




Comments

Popular Posts