Teach ye

This week I read this following scriptures from the Doctrine and Covenants. In these verses the Lord is talking to Joseph Smith. 

78 Teach ye diligently and my grace shall attend you, that you may be instructed more perfectly in theory, in principle, in doctrine, in the law of the gospel, in all things that pertain unto the kingdom of God, that are expedient for you to understand;
79 Of things both in heaven and in the earth, and under the earth; things which have been, things which are, things which must shortly come to pass; things which are at home, things which are abroad; the wars and the perplexities of the nations, and the judgments which are on the land; and a knowledge also of countries and of kingdoms—

I love all the things that the Lord is promising to instruct him in, but I noticed for the first time perhaps that the verses begin with "Teach ye." Teach that you may be instructed. Of course, I know this. That's one reason I love teaching. I learn so much in the process. Yogi Bhajan always said that teaching Kundalini Yoga was way more potent and healing than just doing it. Because God falls in love with a teacher. Everything blessing you could imagine comes to you.

Also of interest in these scriptures are the varied things on the list he is to be instructed in, including things close to home and also things far away, the perplexities of nations, etc. I wondered about the judgments which are on the land. We know that some lands have curses/blessings on them, and I wondered about this. I live in a special place that is sometimes called a spiritual energy vortex. Some people think this is a silly thing--that no land can be more sacred than others. But it says here that it can. I know there are negative energy vortexes too. They are created, good or bad by the imprint of things that happened long ago or recently that keep attracting more of that energy.

So I keep teaching so I can be instructed, because I am a learning junkie, but/and I know that all learning comes through grace, and even my capacity to learn is grace. So I hope you teach.

Yogi Bhajan said:

What is your strength? Your personal strength as a Teacher is your character. What is your power as a Teacher? The power of a Teacher is grace. 

He said a lot more that that, but that's a good one for today. Have you have any experiences being instructed or healed through teaching? Please share.
Do you see the little monkey in the tree?

 If you are interested in becoming a Kundalini Yoga teacher, keep up with my blog or newsletter. I'll let you know when my next Level 1 Training is scheduled.

Sat Nam,

Nam Joti 

Comments

  1. I don't have specific stories to share, but amen to these words! When we teach, it's an opportunity to step forward in faith. We learn by experience, so when we take those things that we have learned and we act in faith to do, we then gain knowledge. I started a daily practice of KY 1 year after my life completely fell apart. I took Nam Joti's teacher course and was teaching within another year after starting my own practice. It has expedited my own healing! I took a few years off to focus on my family, but just started teaching again. God knows the power it brings to us as we "pass it on" to others. Everything we send out simply comes back magnified and multiplied. I would not be who I am today if I hadn't taken it one step further than my own personal yoga experience and stepped into the teacher role. It is most electric feeling you me in as the teacher!!! Just sign up and take the course! Life.CHANGING!!! Plus there are so many hurting or stuck or confused just like I was. God needs an entire army of teachers...those who are willing to stand up and speak out and promote light and truth! Do it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts