Interpretation Vs. Application

I was reading in the Bible Dictionary today about parables and it talked about interpretation vs application. This seemed timely to me. There are a lot of people out there with interesting ideas and deep essays about symbolic and spiritual topics--and we have some great ones in our book, but how does one actually apply it to one's life. Is it changing lives, or is it just agitating people to more intellectual thought/questions? I believe our book changes lives-- at least that is what I hear from people who read it. But there is a LOT of stuff out there on the internet (blogernacle) that I feel mixed about. Not that there is anything wrong with intellectualism or questioning. Questioning is what it is all about, but ultimately, if you listen and you are open to it, God will take you to a place of answers, not just questions for the sake of questions. (C.S. Lewis has some great thoughts on this in The Great Divorce.)

Also, when I see people regurgitate the same ideas in different ways over and over again, it makes me wonder. What's really going on? Where are you taking us? It was a good idea, but it's time to move above and beyond. Up-level.

What I love about Kundalini Yoga Meditation is that it is an applied science technology. This won't make any sense to you until you actually do it. I can write about it all day long and you can read about it all day long, but until you do it, you won't know. Just like all interpretations (of dreams, visions, scriptures, inspiration, etc), until you apply it, it has no value.

Perhaps the reason some people spend a lot of time behind a computer writing about ideas and don't actually get to the application is because of fear. I can understand this. Unknowns are uncomfortable. It's scary to go beyond the avatar. It makes us vulnerable. But most things that are of love and truth and the Spirit, are worth the risk. And no matter what, God has your back.

Go be with you in the application. Many blessings.

Comments

  1. Thanks for posting this! I really needed to hear it. I feel that way with my life... Sometimes I do the bare minimum or don't apply the knowledge or resources I've been give. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts