Who Is Behind the Blog?

This morning I was given a warning to share with the world. Whoever is reading. It is this: ponder and pray about what you read.



In the scriptures we learn that seeking learning is good.
And as all have not faith, seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best abooks words of wisdom, seek learning even by study and also by faith; (D&C 109:7)

I'm sure if it was written today it might include blogs and other media. But the blogosphere is not always as it seems. Especially when it comes to the spiritual blogosphere. There are many wolves in sheep's clothing. Sometimes valiant people get off the valiant path for a while. The point is, ponder and pray about everything you read and everyone you follow. Perhaps pray for them, too. Including me and my beloved friends and collaborators.

I bet you don't know that I am trained and certified in handwriting analysis. Well I am. And it's fascinating. Handwriting tells so much about a person and their unconscious behavior patterns. People think I am psychic when I do a 5 minute reading. Others I know read faces. I don't know a ton about this, but I have had the faces of my husband and daughter read and they were very accurate. I know this seems random, but it connects to my next thought. 

Lots of people ask me about handwriting and what in theirs tells me xyz. The truth is, there are over 1800 traits that show up in handwriting. It is very detailed science that involves me getting out a ruler and a magnifying glass. So I can't tell you simply that if you loop your Ls like this it means this. It's far too complex. However--that said, when I first began training in it, my teacher showed me that everyone has an innate ability to intuit on a basic level things about a person from their handwriting. If I showed you Charles Manson's writing, you'd get an icky feeling just looking at tit. If I showed you the writing of a drunk bum on Venice beach you'd know something was wrong--mental illness? Substance abuse?. If I showed you another sample, you'd immediately intuit a perfectionist. And it's the same with faces. You can intuitively read who is tormented and who is happy.

One thing about internet is that it has taken away the human element and you don't know who is talking to you. You can't read their handwriting or see their face or hear their tone. But you can still intuit things. For example, if you follow a blog, how do you feel about the blog design? Is it appealing? Or is it strange and dark? Not everyone is good at design, but they still make choices even if they use a template.

Another way to learn things is from a person's picture. Does the blogger or forum member use their picture of not? Is it a real picture of them? Is it recent?
 
Blog name. Not everyone uses their real name on blogs, but what blog name have they chosen? Do they explain it? Does it fit?

Content: Business blogs are for business, but most personal blogs should have a personal element to them. That's the whole point of them. Even though my blog is about spiritual topics, I relate them through my personal experiences. There are many people out there who use the internet as a stage but are very vague about their own life. I get this. I still have the Gen X love of privacy, but I also know that that which is the most personal is also the most universal--that's why personal stories matter. If I am going to read a person's blog who is blogging about deep doctrine or spiritual topics, I want to know if they are living them.

There is someone I know who is very intelligent and obsessed with intellectual gospel pursuits, including the symbolic meanings in the temple. This person can sometimes blog eloquently, but isn't living worthily to go to the temple (and it was reading extensive reading of blogs and forums that poisoned his testimony). Is that person still a great teacher and writer? It depends on their motive for blogging--which we can never know. But God knows, and knows where it will lead, and that is why I suggest listening to your intuition and praying about everything you read. And pray for them! Anyone who is of light and a teacher is going to be encountering opposition, so they can use it.

Many blessings.

Comments

  1. I felt like I should share this scripture concerning this exact topic. It's in the Book of Mormon amd from Alma. He was once lead away by an unrighteousness king. So this s the advice he gives to his people after he repented and became a righteous man. Mosiah 23:14 "and also trust no one to be your teacher nor your minister, except he be a man of God, walking in his ways and keeping his commandments."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts