Do I Really Need to Do the Anger Meditation?

In a blog post a few weeks ago I wrote that I realized all anger is a lie and it comes from Satan. This is true. But I want to clarify. The feeling of anger is real. It is just the projection that is untrue and that Satan can use to destroy us and others and our families. Anger will break all your shields (which the scriptures teach us we need in these days against the destroyer.) After I realized that anger is a lie, I thought that the answer was to just not get angry, or realize immediately it was a lie and the truth would melt it away instantly. Therefore, no need for the anger meditation, right? I thought so, and so for a while I dropped it, trying to live a life of total truthful inventory all the time.

Through the last few weeks I have realized some things. For one, as I am still an evolving person, I am still going to feel anger, and sometimes, despite how truthful I try to examine the anger, I won’t always be able to see clearly. That’s what anger does, it makes our glass very dark. Doing the anger meditation helps me to change the projection and see clearly.

 There is one other thing I learned that is essential. It is about shielding. During the meditation for releasing anger and negativity, you are to bring up everything that makes you angry, negative or commotional ( while moving your arms though your aura in a kind of swimming motion). After my realization about Satan and anger, I became a little afraid of anger. Not wanting to bring it up because, well, duh, it’s from Satan. So kept seeing inspiration and this is what I’ve learned. The technology of this meditation is such that it turns the anger inside out and reverses it somehow into gratitude (if you do it exactly as directed). BUT, there is one other thing I recommend doing before you do the anger meditation and it is this. I always do the anger meditation first thing in the morning before any of my other meditations. This is so I have a clear aura for everything else.

Before I do it I now shield myself and I make the shield reflective both on the inside and the outside. This means that all the anger, negativity and commotional stuff I bring up can’t get out of the shield (and therefore can’t be flung at anyone else in the house or anywhere in the world) and it reflects all negativity back at me as perfect love. The outside of my shield also does this to anything coming at me from outside. When doing it this way, I feel that it brings even more light and gratitude. And even though I don’t feel angry most morning, I still try my hardest to think of anything bothering me or that I am just being negative about, because things hide. And it’s best to set the day by releasing them. After the 3 minute meditation I feel full of light and gratitude and the rest of my sadhana is amazing.

One more word about shielding. Always shield in the name of Jesus Christ. Ask God to create your shield as you imagine it. It can be any way you like. You just have to have faith that it is, and it is. I would also recommend shielding your car, your home, your children, and your technology. And do it every day. And if you feel like your shield has dropped because of your negative emotions or bad behavior, repent and then put it up again. I can’t articulate how important this is. I’ll write more about it in the future. May you be filled with perfect love.

In case you forgot about the anger mediation or don't know it. Here is a video. Always tune in before and tune out when you are done meditating. 


Comments

  1. Very interesting about shielding... I do something similar in my therapeutic massage practise. (I can't remember what I called it originally.) I surround myself with healing light and then put an energy bubble around my client so there's no energy transference, but they receive the earth and heaven energy that surrounds all of us and can flow freely through us. Also, I like to "root" myself by visualizing tree roots sinking deep into the earth. (Something else just for kicks, some of my colleagues visualize flowers as a shield...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, You are the kind of massage therapist I would have requested. Indeed, there are many ways of shielding, and everyone can have their own. But one thing I have learned is that not all equally effective. I used to shield myself all the time, but I didn't do it in the name of Jesus Christ, so It didn't always keep everything out...I could write about this more, but I think it is individual and make sure you use Christ to help you create it.

      Delete
  2. I have never done meditation in the way that you do. However i do have a testimony of shielding through prayer. Thank you for reminding me to do this daily.
    I just read this morning the account of the Nephites and Lamanited protecting themselves From the Gadianton robbers. Physically shielding themselves with fortifications, strategically protecting themselves by gathering everything useful, and spiritually shielding themselves through prayer, calling down God's protection. 3 Nephi 3:12 thru 3 Nephi 4:33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginger,
      Thanks for the reminder. Whether you meditate or not or my way or not, shielding is imporatant all the time. Day and night. And we can go that through prayering specifically for that. I love the song, Ere Your Left Your Room...and how it mentions prayer as a shield through the day.

      Delete
    2. It was coincidental, but just a couple of days before this shielding post I felt prompted to memorize, Did you think to pray?

      Delete
  3. That's very interesting about the shielding. I've been using shields for about 6 months now. I've been putting them up during my prayers (I need that shield night and morning!)so they are done in the name of Jesus Christ. What's interesting to me is that in the last couple of months I've felt prompted that when I release negative energies (emotions, toxins, pathogens) I also need to do so in the name of Jesus Christ. It feels right and I believe it is more effective.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts