I Asked That They Leave -Chelsea's Story


I Asked That They Leave
Chelsea Proctor


Meditating has changed my life. That's probably not a super uncommon thing to hear, but it's huge for me. Before I started Kundalini Yoga, I very rarely prayed and I couldn't remember the last time that I had read my scriptures. It's kind of embarrassing. I have not been able to finish the forty-day challenge yet because I keep missing days, but I do know that from meditating I have been able to draw closer to the Lord. My prayers have changed in how I say them. My scripture study is still very minimal, though I do it almost every day.
I don't mean to focus on the dark side, but I think it is worth sharing. A week ago I was going strong with my meditation. The problem was I started feeling miserable and guilty but couldn't remember what it was that I had done wrong because there wasn't anything to merit those feelings. When I'd meditate, I’d started feeling like there was someone else there and I didn't feel safe. One night I went to bed without meditating but couldn't sleep, so I got up and did my meditation. I felt a bit better and went back to bed and decided to pray. I prayed about those feelings I was getting, and I felt that it was probably due to bad spirits making me feel the way I did. I then asked that if this was true that they leave. Almost immediately after asking that, my mind cleared and my body relaxed dramatically so that I could finally go to sleep, which I did promptly after praying.
I don't know why these things seem to happen to me (it isn't the first time), but I am grateful for what I have learned so far with meditating while implementing the other very important things I need to do to grow closer to God. I've seen in my own life that Kundalini Yoga and Meditation and the gospel work together, and miracles can and will happen if put together. I love it!

Comments

Popular Posts